No bake! Fast and simple...did we mention there are three types of berries? Maqui Berry, Mulberry, and Blueberry all contain delphinidin a flavonoid that gives that purple/blue pigmented color to these berries. Delphinidin has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and is an inhibitor to the absorption of glucose. The exotic Chilean Maqui Berry has the highest content of Delphinidin, it has been shown to reduce blood sugar in diabetic patients. Your dessert doesn’t have to be a sugar bomb, it can also be nutritious. Especially when you add baru nuts into the mix.
- 1 1/2 cups of soaked, peeled Barukas
- 1 1/2 cups of soaked cashews
- 2 Lemons
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tsp of Maqui Berry powder
- 1 tsp Mulberry Powder
- 1 cup of Blueberries
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- Stevia to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup tiger nut flour (or almond flour)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Stevia to taste
- 3 Tbsp Cashew butter
- 1 tsp MCT Oil
- 1tsp almond milk
- 1tsp Maqui Berry
- For the pink topping instead of Maqui:
- 1tsp of pitaya powder
- Soak peeled Barukas and Cashews for at least an hour.
- Mix all crust ingredients in a mixing bowl and massage with your hands, until thoroughly mixed.
- In a pie mold place the crust mixture and using your hands mold it into the dish, pressing firmly on all edges. Once it’s nicely molded place in freezer for about 10 minutes until it hardens.
- In a high speed blender, place all ingredients for the filling. Blend at low speed and increase it to high until it becomes a soft mixture. Taste it, and if you want more acidity, you can add more lemon.
- Place the filling mixture on top of your hardened crust and spread it evenly with a spatula. Place in freezer for 20 minutes, then switch to fridge.
- Once the filling is hardened with the consistency of a cheesecake and it’s nice and cold then it’s ready to devour!
- Baru nut cheesecake ingredientsBaru nut cheesecakeBaru nut flourBaru nuts cheesecake
**Recipe and photo credit to @delavidawellness**